You’ll want to prioritize keeping a warm, comfortable home this winter. but at the same time, you have to make sure your heating bills don’t go through the roof. One simple and effective way to do this is through air balancing. This allows you to maintain a consistent temperature inside your home, which means no cold spots to worry about. The trusted AC installation company in the area, Above Air Inc., shares some handy air balancing tips here:
1. Partially open and close your registers. Set your thermostat at a comfortable temperature, then note which areas in your house are still too cold. You should partially close the vents in these areas until you achieve a state of balance and comfort throughout the house.
2. Offset your thermostats. Does your HVAC system have a different zone for the rooms upstairs and downstairs? If so, you can try offsetting them by two degrees–adding two degrees to the temperature upstairs so it will be consistent with the temperature downstairs, and vice versa.
3. Schedule a professional duct inspection. Sometimes, the reason there are cold spots in your house is because of a duct leak. This can hamper the way heated air is distributed throughout your space. For this reason, make sure to consult your AC repair and duct sealing expert, Above Air Inc. for a comprehensive inspection and the necessary solution.
4. Make sure your windows and doors are sealed. Gaps and other openings around windows and doors can let drafts into your home, making it difficult to achieve a warm, consistent temperature. For this reason, seal your windows and doors promptly before winter truly sets in.
5. Avoid blocking the registers. To ensure heated air circulates through every room, check the registers for any obstructions, such as furniture and drapes. If there’s dust and debris building up inside the registers, have them cleared out promptly.
In addition to superior indoor air purification solutions, Above Air Inc. can also handle your winter heating needs. Ensure a warm, comfortable, and efficient home this winter with our top-tier services. We proudly serve the areas in and around Deerfield Beach, FL, plus Palm Beach and Broward Counties. Call us today at (954) 341-0816 (Broward) or (561) 488-0832 (Palm Beach), or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.